1. You have too much stuff. Yes, even you, Miss "I Only Own Five Pairs of Shoes" (by the way, why do you only own five pairs of shoes?)
2. On closer inspection, you have nowhere near as much stuff as your husband. Especially if he's a musician.
3. You CAN lift boxes.
4. Landlords that request that you vacate the premises at 8am DO exist.
5. It's okay (I'd say advisable) to say no to that and take your time. Especially if the below should occur.
6. It's fully possible that your van will never show up. You can survive the move anyway - if you've got friends with cars (always have friends with cars!)
7. No matter how hard you try to make sure you get everything, some things will just disappear. Those things might be a set of brand new matching salt and pepper shakers you haven't used yet. You'll just have to get over it.
8. Unpacking will approximately take one to three lifetimes.
9. Buying a mattress is one of the most depressing things you'll ever do in your entire life. I've got a crappy one for £79 with springs and I love it. The idea that there are people walking the world that spend £400 on a mattress is both baffling and very saddening. Just think of all the shoes they're not buying.
10. You'll have to throw your magazines away. Sad but true.
11. You won't expect to fall instantly in love with your new home...but you will.